Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM), or National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM) in the U.S., is held every October throughout the world. Health Care organizations across the globe come together to promote awareness and raise funds for research in order to increase the prevention, treatment, and cure for a disease that effects one out of every eight women.
Below are several ways you can participate, including volunteering, donating, and participating in events around the world.
Ways you can help
The National Cancer Coalition (NCC)
The NCC is a great organization that is making a big impact throughout the world. They have several programs, including:
- NCC Cares - providing medical assistance to the needy of the developing world.
- The Women’s Cancer Initiative (WCI) - a program that has developing long-term capabilities and self-sustainable programs related to breast and cervical cancer - early detection, prevention, education and treatment.
- NCC’s Breast Cancer Relief Foundation - a program that serves women in need in the United States and around the globe by supporting breast cancer awareness and education, prevention, medical assistance and relief, and innovative research.
The NCC has resources for fundraising, such as:
Susan G. Komen
Komen has invested more than $2.5 billion to fulfill their promise, working to end breast cancer in the U.S. and throughout the world through ground-breaking research, community health outreach, advocacy and programs in more than 30 countries.
Susan G. Komen invites you to help by:
- Running in a Race For The Cure in your area (100 Races throughout the world!)
- Becoming an Advocate
- Participating in a Fundraising Event
National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) - USA
NBCF is one of the most recognized and respected breast cancer charities in the world. Since 2003, NBCF has received the highest 4-star rating by Charity Navigator, America’s premier charity evaluator. Each year, over 80% of our revenue is directed to their life-saving programs: National Mammography Program, Beyond The Shock, Early Detection Plan, Breast Health Awareness, MyNBCF, and BreastCancer.Net
Here's how you can help:
National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) - Australia
The National Breast Cancer Foundation is the leading community-funded organization in Australia raising money for research into the prevention and cure of breast cancer. Since establishing in 1994, more than $105 million has been awarded to fund over 370 Australian-based research projects across every state and territory to improve the health and wellbeing of those affected by breast cancer.
Here are several ways you can get involved:
- Host a Fundraising Event
- Join a Fundraising Event
- Here are some Fundraising Ideas and Fundraising Tools
Breast Cancer Campaign
Campaign was established in 1988 with the aim of researching the cure for breast cancer. The charity aims to be the leading specialist in breast cancer research across the UK and Ireland, making a significant impact on breast cancer for the benefit of patients. In its lifetime the charity has awarded over 400 grants to universities, medical schools and research institutes across the UK, investing a total of over £60 million in breast cancer research.
Ways to help the Breast Cancer Campaign: